There is one step in our daily skin-care regimens that we dare not skip; it’s applying a serum. Serums are the best way to deliver a highly concentrated, potent dose of active ingredients to the skin. Here are some tips to know the Perfect Face Serum for Every Skin Type.
Achieve Beautiful Skin with The Best Face Serum
It’s hard to know what you actually need or should use when products are thrown at you left and right.
Take our skin analysis to know when you need a serum.
This questionnaire was designed by our skin specialists to help determine the best products for your skin type.
This includes deciding whether or not you need a serum at this point in your life.
At the most basic, pared-down a level, you should be following a regimen that includes a cleanser, toner, eye cream (from your 20s on), moisturizer, exfoliant, and mask.
1. Congested or Acne-Prone?
For your evening routine, try to incorporate Anti-Acne Serum.
Anti Acne Serum is designed to be worn alone, in place of a traditional evening moisturizer or night cream.
This balancing serum combines the two most important things that congested, troubled skin needs:
- Oil-free hydration that comes by way of Glycerin, a classic humectant that works to deliver essential moisture without feeling heavy on the skin,
- and Clarifying properties, where the key ingredients like Salicylic Acid and Thyme Extract work help encourage clearer-looking skin
How to use:
- This clarifying serum is meant to be used every night or as needed.
- Before bed (after you’ve cleansed and toned), apply a thin layer on troubled areas.
2. Oily Skin?
Herbal Hydrating Serum will leave your skin looking dewy and fresh-faced.
Ceramides, Ginkgo, and Ginseng are infused to revive, soften, and smooth—making this unique gel a versatile staple in all skin care regimens.
It’s water-light in texture and oil-free in the formulation, which enables you to effectively hydrate without leaving your T-zone feeling like an oil slick.
How to use:
- For the super oily, wear this serum on its own in place of a moisturizer.
- All other skin types can still use this serum, simply apply a thin layer over moisturizer/night cream for enhanced hydration and glow.
3. Dull with Uneven Skin Tone?
Vitamin C Serum will be a game-changer for lackluster complexions seeking a boost in radiance.
This is a lightweight serum that helps restore youthful luminosity to skin while delivering antioxidant defense against environmental stressors and skin-aging free radicals.
If you’re keen on adding an anti-aging serum to your regimen (whether you’re 20-something or in your 50s), Vitamin C Serum is quickly becoming a beloved medicine cabinet staple for all skin types.
It’s powerful in the formulation but absorbs seamlessly into skin to help brighten uneven skin tone and reduce the appearance of fine dry lines.
Vitamin C, Collagen, and Sodium Hyaluronate combine to diminish the appearance of wrinkles and uneven skin tone—leaving all skin types soft, smooth, and glowing.
How to use:
- Apply 3-4 drops to clean skin every other evening. Follow with your favorite night cream.
4. Dehydrated with Fine Lines?
Apply Cellufirm Drops under your daily moisturizer or night cream.
Uniquely versatile and designed to help reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles, this serum is a must-have for dry skin.
Antioxidant oils soften and nourish as a protein-enriched blend of Collagen. Elastin, RNA, and peptides work to give skin a supple, youthful appearance.
How to use:
- Apply a few drops to targeted areas that need extra moisture, or apply 4-5 drops all over your face and neck for maximum skin-smoothing benefits. Follow with your daily moisturizer or night cream.
Skin Tip: Cellufirm Drops are used under and around the eye area under your eye cream.
5. Dry and Flaky Skin?
Revive dehydrated skin and smooth, dry patches with Rose Hips Nourishing Oil.
This lightweight yet moisture-intensive facial oil is infused with Rosehip Extract and Rosehip Oil—both known as excellent sources of essential fatty acids and antioxidant Vitamin C—to provide comforting moisture and reveal softer, more radiant skin.
How to use:
- Massage 2-3 drops on clean skin. Or, apply 1-2 drops to dry patches that need a targeted moisture boost. Follow with moisturizer or night cream.
- Roll up your sleeves and customize your glow.
- Mix a few drops of Herbal Hydrating Serum and Rose Hips Nourishing Oil to get your perfect dewy skin concoction.
- Use more of the blue when you want to keep it light or mix in more oil to give your mixture slip and added moisturizing benefits.
6. Dry with Fine Lines and Wrinkles?
Hyaluronic Emulsion with Vitamin C Serum formulated to boost moisture and give depleted skin. This results in a more youthful and hydrated appearance.
Corrective Complex Emulsion Serum also boasts nourishing ingredients to soften and smooth skin but also contains Oligopeptide-5 for an added anti-aging boost.
How to use: Apply 2-3 drops on clean skin, then follow with night cream. Both emulsions have a lightweight slip that absorbs beautifully into the skin.
7. Very Dry or Mature?
Incorporate Peptide Renewal Serum into your routine to target visible signs of aging and deeply nourish the skin.
This serum specially formulated to improve the look of depleted, mature skin, and reduce the appearance of dry fine lines and wrinkles — leaving the complexion soft, smooth, and supple.
How to use:
- Because of its creamy consistency, less is more with this product.
- Apply 1-2 drops on your face, neck, and décolleté. Wear it alone or layer it under your favorite face cream or night cream.
Which of these Skin serum formulas is perfect for you? Learn from The Perfect Face Serum for Every Skin Type.