Most people have moles on their skin. These discolored spots can appear at birth or develop later in life from hormonal changes. However, there are quick methods available to remove skin moles. The fastest and most effective treatment option is laser removal. Once treated with the laser, you will experience some scabbing and slight tenderness. After several days your mole will “crust” over and fall off.
Skin tags are small growths of skin often found around the neck, underarm, or groin area. These lesions can be hereditary, and it is not uncommon for several family members to have skin tags. These lesions are benign and require no treatment unless they are symptomatic. If they are bothersome, they can be removed by cautery. This involves using an electric needle. They can also be deleted by snipping them off with a pair of sharp scissors. It is not recommended that these lesions be “snipped off” at home. Sometimes the skin tags can be quite vascular, and unexpected bleeding can occur. Skin tags are generally easy to remove within the office, and healing is quite quick.
What is the CO2 Laser Treatment all about?
The CO2 laser treatment uses laser light with a 10,600nm wavelength, which is in the mid-infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum, and which is invisible to the human eye. Energy from the CO2 laser light is readily absorbed by water in the tissues, and since soft tissue is comprised primarily of water, CO2 laser energy can be used effectively for the eversion, incision, ablation, vaporization, and augmentation of soft tissues.
Indications for treatment for CO2 Laser Treatment
The CO2 laser can be used for ablation, vaporization, incision, and coagulation of soft tissues for the following skin lesions:
- Keratoses (ex: seborrheic keratosis)
- Lentigines and Mole
- Skin tags
- Sebaceous gland hyperplasia
What is the recommended number of treatments to achieve optimum results?
- Local anesthesia is applied to the skin lesion, which will last for about 45 minutes.
- Laser light is targeted on the area of the skin lesion.
- Treatment duration will vary from 5 – 30 minutes, depending on the area treated.
Instructions for patients after going through CO2 Laser treatments:
- The treated area should remain dry at least 24 hours after the procedure.
- Remove the applied dressing 24 hours after CO2 laser treatment.
- Use saline-soaked cotton to clean the treated area after 24 hours gently.
- Apply the prescribed antibiotic ointment on the treated area twice daily.
- For skin lesions on the face: Clean the treated area and apply topical antibiotic ointment twice a day for one week, after which time, healing has occurred. The patient may then stop the application of the cream. After one week, the patient may resume the use of make-up, if she so desires.
- Skin lesions on the neck, body trunk, and extremities will heal later than the face. The ointment has to be applied for two weeks or until the treated area is completely healed. Never pick on the crust that may form on the healing area.
- When the treated area on the face is completely healed, avoid exposing the area to sunlight, and apply sunscreen for 2-3 months.
What are the common complications of this treatment procedure?
- Erythema and hyperpigmentation which will usually resolve over time
- Some scars may form if the skin lesions are intense.
- To avoid the scar, we recommend our customer to apply a wound dressing cream.
Q. Do moles that have been removed regrow?
Ans: There is no way to predict whether a mole will grow back in time unless you opt for an excision. This is because it’s possible for a few of the cells that fuel the mole to be still alive after the mole falls out or disappears. If this happens to be the case, a mole will grow back even though it’s faded from your skin.
Some moles are more aggressive than others, and sometimes, additional treatment may be required. That doesn’t mean that your mole is untreatable. Eliminating a mole permanently requires the roots of the mole to be destroyed.
Promotion Price is ongoing now. Please call 076 215 897, or you may contact us on WhatsApp +66 89 866 2545. We required an advance booking for all our FACIAL TREATMENT.